last mile food rescue statement and response to covid-19
- Food Safety and the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) – U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) – United States Department of Agriculture (USDA)
- How To Protect Yourself – Center for Disease Control (CDC)
- New CDC Guidelines on Wearing Masks and How to make a DIY No Sew Mask
No Contact Food Rescue Protocol
We’re evaluating COVID-19 regularly. Please watch for communication from us. When CDC-recommended precautions are taken, food rescue is actually a great alternative to higher contact volunteering opportunities.
An important reminder: We ask that our volunteers with compromised immune systems and those who are over 60 years of age–or live with those who are–be extra careful.
Please assist us in making the donation process a no-contact exchange to help increase the safety of all parties involved by following the temporary adjustment to our operational procedures:
- PLEASE WASH HANDS before and after transporting donations to the pickup location.
- CALL DONOR if you would like to establish a no-contact pickup location. This location should be somewhere that the food will be safe and covered.
- Maintain 6 FEET OF DISTANCE from staff to ensure safety for all parties.
- According to new recommendations from the Center for Disease Control, YOU MUST WEAR A MASK if you are going to volunteer with Last Mile Food Rescue.
If you have any questions or experience any trouble on the road, please call our dispatch team at XXXX. We are standing by.