Do you want to be a part of the solution to end hunger and food waste? We are looking for highly motivated individuals with a passion to make a difference. Consider joining our team!
- Are you an avid learner who approaches challenging deadlines and problem-solving opportunities head on?
- Do you enjoy working as a team and interacting with people from all types of backgrounds?
- Does the notion of trying new things and going beyond your comfort zone excite you?
- Are you self-motivated and ready to do what it takes to help reach the common goal?
If you checked the above boxes, you may be a great fit for a role at Last Mile Food Rescue. Consider joining a team of business leaders working hard to solve the problem of food waste and food insecurity.
Flexible Work Schedule
Generous Paid Time Off
New Parent Leave
Here are our current openings.
Last Mile Food Executive Administrator
Last Mile Food Executive Administrator
Reports to: Last Mile Chief Executive Officer
Last Mile Food Rescue is a Greater Cincinnati food rescue organization on a mission to save good food and get it to those who need it most. By using the power of volunteers fueled by technology (a mobile app called Last Mile), we connect Food Donors with Nonprofits Agencies who serve the region’s food insecure with volunteer drivers, fighting food waste and helping to end the hunger. Since opening our doors in November 2020, Last Mile Food Rescue has seen incredible growth, rescuing well over 7 Million pounds of desirable food. Volunteers love the simplicity of the app and accessibility of volunteering close to home. Food Donors and Non-profit Agencies see Last Mile as a critical partner in the effort to eliminate food waste and hunger in our region.
The LMFR Executive Administrator is a part-time position that provides administrative and clerical support to the Chief Executive Officer.
The Executive Administrator will magnify the impact of the work of Last Mile Food Rescue through assisting with a variety of administrative and development tasks.
The EA is a natural relationship-builder and taskmaster who thrives in a creative, fast-paced, impact-oriented environment and is deeply aligned with our mission to end food waste and food insecurity in our community. This position requires the ability to work well with the CEO, staff, and the public in an active environment, and efficiently accomplish multiple duties and tasks successfully.
Responsibilities will include:
· Provide support for the CEO including managing communications, scheduling, and calendars, generating reports, filing, making copies, etc.
· Prepare CEO for meetings as needed; may include research, assembling and analyzing data, reports, presentations, and documents.
· Help manage the upkeep and appearance of office and public spaces including maintaining equipment and supplies.
· Generate and maintain correspondence related to general donors, including thank you letters, responses to inquiries, end of year letters, etc. as directed by the VP of External Relations.
· Input, update and maintain data in Salesforce as needed.
· Upkeep confidential payroll information and ‘run’ payroll in Paychex system (training available).
· Assist HR manager with new employee on-boarding, including adding new employee to Paychex.
· Work with staff to manage and update communications.
· Serve as liaison for the Board of Directors and committees. This includes distributing minutes and other documents for the Board, managing board files and directory, and arranging and scheduling Board, committee and staff meetings.
Qualifications & Competencies:
· Passion to make a difference in the areas of hunger relief, food rescue and food waste reduction.
· 2 years of experience in administrative support or 1 year as an executive assistant
· Office management and Accounting experience a plus
· Superior organizational and time management skills
· Proficiency in office digital technology and a willingness to learn and employ new technology
· Driver’s license and personal transportation
Work Environment & Culture:
· Hybrid, part-time work structure based in Norwood depending on demand of the day.
· Start-up environment, we do what it takes to be successful.
· Target base compensation of $18/hr and will be commensurate with experience and physical location.
Start date: January 15, 2024 or sooner.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, current resume, references, and a writing sample via email to [email protected] with the subject line LMFR Executive Administrator 2024. Applications are due Friday, December 15. Relocation sponsorship is not available.