Do you want to be a part of the solution to end hunger and food waste? We are looking for highly motivated individuals with a passion to make a difference. Consider joining our team!
- Are you an avid learner who approaches challenging deadlines and problem-solving opportunities head on?
- Do you enjoy working as a team and interacting with people from all types of backgrounds?
- Does the notion of trying new things and going beyond your comfort zone excite you?
- Are you self-motivated and ready to do what it takes to help reach the common goal?
If you checked the above boxes, you may be a great fit for a role at Last Mile Food Rescue. Consider joining a team of business leaders working hard to solve the problem of food waste and food insecurity.
Flexible Work Schedule
Generous Paid Time Off
New Parent Leave
Here are our current openings.
Last Mile Food Rescue Market Associate and Dispatcher
Last Mile Market Associate and Dispatcher
Reports to: Last Mile Market Supervisor
LMFR has just introduced a new program in Greater Cincinnati – the Last Mile Market! Last Mile Market is a mobile pantry that supports communities that are experiencing food insecurity and do not have a reliable source of free or low cost healthy & perishable food.
We need someone who will go the extra mile to get our rescued food to those who need it. The Last Mile Market Associate will be directly helping communities facing food insecurity. We are looking for someone who is hardworking, mission driven and has a passion for making their community a better place for all citizens to live and thrive.
This position is for you if you:
- Have a passion to make a difference in our community.
- Want to be part of the solution to hunger and food waste.
- Enjoy working with customers and have strong interpersonal skills.
- Are detail oriented and organized.
- Enjoy variety and change in your daily work.
- Have a high school diploma or GRE and a driver’s license.
What does a Last Mile Market Associate do?
- Regularly rescues food using the LMFR van from multiple locations and delivers to the Food Market location as directed.
- Assists with the loading, sorting and distribution of food.
- Interacts with customers in a friendly manner while taking orders and packing food.
- Assists with the setup, distribution, and cleanup of the Last Mile Market.
- Schedules food rescues from food donors to nonprofit sites.
- Maintains food rescue records, and work with numbers to reconcile pounds.
- Handles calls from volunteers, donors and partners in the food rescue process.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 2-3 years’ work experience (Preferred).
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent (Preferred).
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Current driver’s license with good driving record. No moving violations within the past 12 months.
Work Schedule & Requirements:
- Daily 8am-4pm, occasional Saturdays and holidays.
- The ability to lift 30-60 pounds regularly.
- Mild to heavy physical activity involving, moving large objects, setting up tables and sorting through food.
$17 an hour
Please direct questions to:
Aaron Moore, Last Mile Food Rescue
Last Mile Food Rescue Director of Operations
Last Mile Director of Operations
Reports to: Last Mile Chief Operating Officer
Last Mile Food Rescue is searching for a Director of Operations. This role will report to the COO and will manage day-to-day operations to connect food donors with partner agencies. Responsibilities include leading growth strategy, developing and maintaining relationships with donors and agency partners, and leading the Last Mile team to deliver high-impact results. A hybrid/flexible work environment is available for this role. To learn more and apply, please click here.